- 1 10oz package frozen blackberries, partially thawed
- 3 TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 5-to 6-ounce tilapia fillets, skin removed, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 TBSP olive oil (for cooking)
- In a medium saucepan, combine blackberries, honey, vinegar, wine and pinch of salt. Mash berries lightly with a fork. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 8min, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- While sauce cooks, in a small bowl combine ½ tsp salt, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne and black pepper. Gently rub both sides of the tilapia fillets with the spice mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté fish 2-3 min, until golden, then turn and sauté 2-4 minutes longer, until cooked through. Transfer to serving plates and top with blackberry sauce. Serve immediately.
Per serving (with ¼ cup sauce): 252 cal, 18% fat cal, 5 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 69mg chol, 27g protein, 26g carb, 5g fiber, 346mg sodium.