By: Kris Ball, Registered Dietitian
Spaghetti Squash with Spinach Lasagna
- 2 small Spaghetti Squash (about 1 ½ pounds each)
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 (8 oz package fresh baby spinach)
- ½ c. part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 oz. Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup) divided
- 8 oz lean ground turkey
- 1 ½ cups lower sodium marinara sauce (Dell’Amore) or any you like
- 1 oz Parmesean cheese, Grated (about ¼ c.)
Preheat oven to 350. Cut each squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds. Discard. Place squash halves cut sides up, on baking sheet. Bake 50 min. let stand for 20. Scrape inside of squash with fork to remove spaghetti like strands. Squeeze out until mostly dry.
Heat little oil on pan and add garlic. Cook 30 seconds then add spinach and cook for 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. Combine squash strands, spinach, ricotta cheese, salt and half mozzarella cheese in medium bowl.
Cook Turkey on med-high heat. Cook until brown. Add marinara and simmer for 4 minutes
Increase oven temp to 425. Spoon sauce evenly in bottom of each squash half. Top evenly with squash mixture. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 min. BROIL on high for 1-2 min or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Remove and let stand 10 min. ENJOY!